List of XBox 360 Games with Co-Op mode
As much as playing 1st person shooters by yourself is fun, playing with a friend can make it so much better. To that end, there are games that only support two players online, vs other offline… to help you choose which game suits your fancy, here is my favorites list:
Update as of (2/2/08): Wikipedia has relisted the list co-op games list, and you can find it by clicking on the main title bar of the Chromewalker site in the Xbox 360 Category. That said, this is my current list of favorite Co-Op Games:
1. Tom Clancy‘s Rainbox Six (real co-op campaign mode) – Still a top favorite, best play. Can’t wait for part 2.
2. Ghost Recon 2 (real co-op campaign mode) – this one still good, but no longer top spot
3. Call of Duty 3 (co-op playing only via Xbox live) – COD 4 is great, but lost the ability to play split screen.. bummer.
4.Kane & Lynch Lynch – Not that great a game, but good ‘enough’ to have a fun time.
5. Gears of War (real co-op campaign mode) – gets old after a while
As of (3/6/07) This was my list:
My personal favorites are (updated comments are in italics):
1. Ghost Recon (real co-op campaign mode) – this one still good, but no longer top spot
2. Call of Duty 3 (co-op playing only via Xbox live) – see updated list in comments, this one is old now
3. Tom Clancy’s Rainbox Six (real co-op campaign mode) (Added on Dec. 4th to this list) – current favorite
4. Gears of War (real co-op campaign mode) – gets old after a while
5. Perfect Dark Zero (real co-op campaign mode) – fun, but game itself isn’t great
As of August 2008, my list is:
1. Rainbow Six 2
2. Rainbow Six 1
3. Ghost Recons (all of them)
4. Gears of War
5. Army of Two
6. Unreal Tournament III (which actually kind of sucks in my opinion, but it’s ok for Coop.)
For another list, here is Eric Quall’s (About_dot_com) list of top games:
This posting was authored on the 28th of Nov. 2006, and has been updated several times since.